President Joe Biden revisited his love of trains during a trip to his hometown of Scranton, Pennsylvania, on Wednesday, promising to get millions of vehicles off the roads.
“We will take literally millions of automobiles off the road,” Biden boasted, arguing that more high-speed trains like the ones constructed in China would make trains more attractive.
If more people took trains, Biden argued, it would save millions of barrels of oil and reduce pollution.
“This is not hyperbole; this is a fact,” he insisted. “These are facts.”
Biden boasted $66 billion in government spending to subsidize trains in his infrastructure bill.
“I got more money for passenger rail than the entire Amtrak system cost to begin with,” he said. “We’re going to change the nation in a big way.”
But Biden’s proposed plan sparked Amtrak to share a dream list of even more connected cities across the country by 2035.
In Scranton, Biden spoke at length about his long history of riding Amtrak, boasting he rode the train more than two million miles while he was senator and vice president.
“You should name half the line after me,” Biden said. “I am the most railroad guy you’re ever going to meet.”
Author: CHARLIE SPIERING
- Private Home Mask Mandates in California
- Rumor Has it Kamala is Not a Popular Presidential Candidate
- Gov. DeSantis Under Fire From Dems For Disney Rule Change
- Insensitive Comments From the Left About Parade Tragedy
- Christian Florist Forced to Retire by Gay Couple
- Rittenhouse Judge Bans NBC & MSNBC
- Can Joe Biden Tell Tina Fey and Sarah Palin Apart?
- YouTube Chooses To Silence Small Creators With Rittenhouse Trial
- Bidens Plan to go Further in Debt
- Media Claims Joe Biden Didn’t Say Negro
- The New Scoop on Bidenflation
- Gavin Newsom Finally Returns After Disappearing for Weeks
- Vaccine Mandate Effects on Trucking Industry
- Inflation Across the US being claimed as a ‘Good Thing’ by MSNBC Columnist
- Southwest Pilot Sends AP Reporter Into Absolute Panic After Signing Off With Let’s Go Brandon