President Joe Biden’s penchant for embellishment and falsehood has not slowed in his old age.
The president told yet another one of his self-aggrandizing whoppers this week, claiming he spent time at the Tree of Life synagogue in Pittsburgh after an antisemitic terrorist attack in October 2018 left 11 worshipers dead.
“I remember spending time at the, you know, going to the, you know, the Tree of Life Synagogue, speaking with the — just, it just is amazing these things are happening, happening in America,” Biden said Thursday in a meeting with Jewish leaders.
The synagogue’s executive director told the New York Post she has no idea what the president is talking about. Biden has not visited the Tree of Life even once in the years since the mass shooting.
Asked to reconcile the president’s remarks with the synagogue’s response, the White House clarified that Biden was talking about a phone call he had with the Tree of Life’s rabbi in July 2019.
Just so we’re all tracking, Biden said he remembers “spending time at” and “going to” the synagogue after the 2018 mass shooting. This didn’t happen, the synagogue said. Now, the White House claims the president was referring to a private phone call that took place a full nine months after the slaughter. Close enough for government work, I suppose.
It’s not shocking Biden would tell such an easily disprovable story. He has a long, long history of such falsehoods, which is why it was highly amusing when certain members of the press, particularly the fact-checkers, suggested a Biden presidency would usher in a golden age of honesty and truthfulness.
Surely, he wouldn’t just lie! He said he was going to “restore the soul of the nation!”
Oh, please. Anyone who has paid attention to Biden’s career for all of five minutes can tell you he has a notoriously strained relationship with the truth.
In case you need a refresher, here are just a handful of examples:
Biden claimed that every time he has run for office, he has had the backing of the NAACP. Not true . Biden claimed that the Obama administration, in which he served for eight years as vice president, did not “lock people up in cages.” It absolutely did . He claimed “immediately, the moment [the Iraq War] started, I came out against the war at that moment.” He did not .
There is much more where this comes from, including Biden’s plagiarism , his lying about being shot at in Iraq , his bogus claim to have led the charge against Slobodan Milosevic , his lying about being the first in his family to go to university , his nonsense claim that he predicted the 9/11 terrorist attacks , his fabricated anecdote about being arrested in South Africa for demanding to meet with an imprisoned Nelson Mandela, and his false claim that a drunken driver killed his wife and child.
In the late 1980s, when Biden first ran for president , he claimed during an angry exchange with a voter that he attended law school at Syracuse University on a full academic scholarship, that he finished in the top half of his class in law school, that he was named the outstanding student in the political science department as an undergraduate at the University of Delaware, and that he graduated from Delaware with three undergraduate degrees.
Not a single one of these claims was true.
In comparison, Biden’s bogus synagogue story actually seems to be one of his milder falsehoods.
Source: Washington Examiner : Biden caught telling another whopper
- Texas Abortion Ban To Remain In Place Until Arguments, Supreme Court Rules
- Montana Rape Suspect Is An Afghan Refugee Resettled By Biden Administration
- CNN Defends Lie About Joe Rogan By Saying Rogan Had His Feelings Hurt
- State Seeks Temporary Restraining Order To Stop Biden Vaccine Mandate
- State Dept Accidentally Proves Biden Lied About How Americans Were Left Behind In Afghanistan
- Loudoun School Board Was Informed Of Alleged Sexual Assault The Day It Happened
- DeSantis Shares Don’t Tread On Florida Meme Featuring An Alligator
- Trump’s Truth Social Platform Deal Draws Strong Interest From Investors
- Proposed Electric Vehicle Tax Credits Benefit Unions – Not Environment
- Biden Claims No Time To Visit Border Despite 24 Trips To Delaware
- CRT, Anti-Racism, BLM: Legacies Of A Slave Mentality
- Fed Bans Officials From Buying Stocks In Response To Trading Controversy
- DeSantis To Call Special Legislative Session To Address Covid-19 Vaccine Mandates
- Trump Releases New Details On Social Media Platform That He Is Launching Soon
- Biden Boasts Plan To Take Vehicles Off Highways And Put People On Trains