The Biden administration’s energy policies, ostensibly pushed to combat “climate change,” will erase American energy independence and prevent the development of multitrillion-dollar domestic resources, said Stephen Moore, economist and coauthor of Trumponomics: Inside the America First Plan to Revive Our Economy, on SiriusXM’s Breitbart News Sunday with special guest host Matt Boyle.
President Joe Biden, Democrats, and the broader left regularly frame the planet as entrapped within a “climate crisis” due to carbon dioxide emissions yielded by fossil fuel consumption.
Moore noted that the U.S. did not import any oil from Saudi Arabia in January.
Moore remarked, “[In] Donald Trump’s last month in office, do you know how much oil we imported from Saudi Arabia? Zero. It was the first time that happened in 50 years and it’s because [of] Trump. … It’s amazing, isn’t it? It is an incredible accomplishment. We’ve waited 50 years to become energy-independent, folks. We were finally independent.”
Moore recalled the 1973 oil crisis caused by OPEC’s embargo on oil exports to the U.S.
“Saudi Arabia had a knife at our throat,” Moore stated. “You had all sorts of gas shortages. Every time they raised the price of gas, the economy would go into recession. So we waited 50 years to become energy-independent. We finally arrived at that because Trump put America first, and he said, ‘Let’s produce all the energy we’ve got.’”
Former President Donald Trump went beyond domestic energy independence and pursued global energy dominance, said Moore, recalling his tenure as an economic adviser in the Trump administration.
Moore shared, “Trump would say to me say, ‘I don’t want to be able to be energy-independent. I want to be energy dominant,’ and we can be energy dominant. We have more coal [and] more gas than any other country in the world.”
Moore noted the geopolitical implications of halting fossil fuel resource development.
“One of the biggest pipeline projects in the world is between Russia and China, to take all of that oil and gas up in Siberia and pipeline it to China,” Moore said. “Is there any sane person who actually thinks China’s going to stop using fossil fuels? Do you think the Beijing communist government cares about climate change?”
The Biden administration is squandering America’s natural resources in pursuit of its “climate change” policies, Moore observed.
“Why wouldn’t we use it?” asked Moore of U.S. coal and natural gas resources. “We’ve got this treasure chest of trillions of dollars of energy, and the left doesn’t want American to use it. … That makes no sense.”
Thousands would die and millions would be without electricity in Texas if the left’s “climate change” plans are imposed, Moore warned.
“The left wants to get rid of coal completely,” Moore said. “If we had gotten rid of coal completely, you would have had tens of millions of people without heat [and] without light during the middle of a polar vortex [in Texas]. You would have had thousands and thousands of people die.”
Author: Robert Kraychik
Join Our Mailing List
- Consumer Prices Jump 0.6% In March, Biggest Gain Since 2012
- Project Veritas Confirms CNN Is A Cesspool Of Dem Propaganda
- House Dem Margin Shrinks To 2 Votes With Swearing-In Of Rep Julia Letlow
- Daunte Wright Was Wanted For Robbing And Choking A Woman At Gunpoint. Here’s Why That Matters
- Ever Tried To Get A Job Outside Of Their Father’s Business? Hunter Biden Targets Trump Children
- Marines’ Vaccine Hesitancy Presents Early Test For Biden As Commander-In-Chief
- BLM Of NYC Calls For Independent Investigation Of BLM Co-Founder After $3.2 Million Home-Buying Binge
- Pentagon Develops Microchip Sensor Technology To Rapidly Detect Covid-19 In Human Blood
- Reports Suggest Trump Might Do Away With Pence, Snag DeSantis For Possible 2024 Dream Ticket
- FDA, CDC Call For Immediate Pause Of Johnson & Johnson Coronavirus Vaccine
- Pelosi Unloads On The Squad, Mocks AOC In New Biography
- Police Say Fatal Shooting Of Daunte Wright Was An Accident, Release Bodycam Footage
- Trump Praises Troops At The Southern Border: They Are Proud To Be Defending Our Nation
- Israel’s Cyberattack On Iranian Nuclear Facility So Severe That Facility Might Be Down Till 2022
- Anthony Fauci: We Very Well May Need Coronavirus Booster Shots After 6-18 Months