Carolla’s comments come on the heels of Tim Allen speaking out against cancel culture in a tweet
“Well, I don’t get a lot of Hollywood roles, I don’t get my documentaries into Sundance… but it’s kind of a small price to pay to say what I want to say,” Carolla told FOX Business’ Stuart Varney.
Carolla joins the growing list of comedians who are speaking out against cancel culture, including Tim Allen, who tweeted over the weekend: “Wonder if government agents will be policing comedy from the back of the house.”
The podcast and radio host also slammed actors and California politicians as “cowards” for being privy to cancel culture.
“Actors are cowards. They play heroes, but they’re cowards and they’re soft and they’re weak and they go along with anything,” Carolla argued.
“They all live under the rule of Gavin Newsom,” he continued. “He’s ruining most of our lives.”
Carolla also pointed out that Reed Hastings, the CEO of Netflix, donated $3 million to stop the recall of the California governor.
“If you’re an actor and you live in California, they won’t say anything, they’re cowards. They want money,” Carolla claimed.
In his profession, Carolla said on “Varney & Co.” Thursday, it’s important to stay true to who you are and what you believe.
“I’m a comedian. I have to say what I want to say. Otherwise I should go back to swinging a hammer,” Carolla explained.
Carolla also said he doesn’t take harsh treatment from critics personally.
“They know I won’t apologize,” Carolla admitted. “I told them I won’t apologize a long time ago and they basically leave me alone.”
The comedian sees cancel culture coming to an eventual end, but it’ll take a collective effort.
“The only end is people standing up and ignoring it or pushing back, then it’ll go away immediately,” Carolla predicted. “But as long as we listen to these idiots and apologize to them, then it’s never going to go away.”
Author: Kristen Altus
- That’s A Setup: Capitol Fence Comes Back Up; Trump Weighs In On Rally
- Liberals Are Now Cheering For The Deep State They Denied Existed
- By Withholding Regeneron, Biden Could Be Sentencing Black People To Death
- Lawyer Accused Of Lying To FBI About Clinton Ties When Pushing Collusion Claims Pleads Not Guilty
- Ted Cruz Releases Close Up Footage Of 10,000+ Illegal Aliens Under Overpass
- Biden Administration Admits Killing 10 Civilians In Kabul Airstrike
- Apple And Google Join Putin’s KGB
- Bewildered Biden: Gas Prices Should Be Going Down… But They Aren’t
- AOC Hit With Second Met Gala Ethics Complaint
- Is The FAA Covering For Biden’s Bridge Encampment Disaster
- Bush Completes His Scummy Betrayal
- USWNT Players Association Calls Offer Of Identical Contracts A PR Stunt
- Durham Indictment Of Clinton-Connected Russia Hoax Lawyer May Be Imminent
- Biden Admin Send Less Than Half The Antibody Treatment To Florida
- There’s A Hostage Crisis In Afghanistan, And We’re Not Talking About It