Fight tech tyranny. Join Dan on Parler @dbongino.
Former President Donald Trump left the possibility of him making a return to presidential politics in 2024 open during an interview with Newsmax Wednesday, saying he has discussed the possibility of making another run for the nation’s highest office.
From the Daily Caller:
“You know you still command enormous attention, so I want to go back, again, look it’s a no brainer. You’re going to run for president in 2024 right? I mean you got all the support. Why wouldn’t you run?” the host asked.
“Well, we have tremendous support. I won’t say yet, but we have tremendous support, and I’m looking at poll numbers that are through the roof. You saw what happened yesterday when we went up again. I’m the only guy who gets impeached and my numbers go up. Figure that one out,” Trump responded.
“Let’s say somebody gets impeached, typically, your numbers would go down. They would go down like a dead balloon. But the numbers are very good. They’re very high. I think they’re higher than they were before the election. And they were high at the election,” he continued.
In the Politico/Morning Consult poll, Trump commanded a massive early lead over other potential 2024 GOP primary opponents. According to the poll, 53% of potential primary voters would support Trump’s bid for the nomination, far outpacing second place challenger and Trump’s former vice president Mike Pence, who garnered 12% support. Other notable names in the poll included Donald Trump Jr., who was supported by 6% of respondents, and former UN Ambassador Nikki Haley, who also saw 6% support.
Trump has mostly maintained a low-profile since leaving office last month, returning to Florida where he has spent a large potion of his time on the golf course.
But the former president has also hinted at a return to the fray, doing multiple TV interviews Wednesday just days after issuing a scathing public rebuke of Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell.
Don’t miss The Dan Bongino Show
Author: Mike Robert Lee
Source: Bongino : Donald Trump Reveals Openness to 2024 Run for President
Join Our Mailing List
- Consumer Prices Jump 0.6% In March, Biggest Gain Since 2012
- Project Veritas Confirms CNN Is A Cesspool Of Dem Propaganda
- House Dem Margin Shrinks To 2 Votes With Swearing-In Of Rep Julia Letlow
- Daunte Wright Was Wanted For Robbing And Choking A Woman At Gunpoint. Here’s Why That Matters
- Ever Tried To Get A Job Outside Of Their Father’s Business? Hunter Biden Targets Trump Children
- Marines’ Vaccine Hesitancy Presents Early Test For Biden As Commander-In-Chief
- BLM Of NYC Calls For Independent Investigation Of BLM Co-Founder After $3.2 Million Home-Buying Binge
- Pentagon Develops Microchip Sensor Technology To Rapidly Detect Covid-19 In Human Blood
- Reports Suggest Trump Might Do Away With Pence, Snag DeSantis For Possible 2024 Dream Ticket
- FDA, CDC Call For Immediate Pause Of Johnson & Johnson Coronavirus Vaccine
- Pelosi Unloads On The Squad, Mocks AOC In New Biography
- Police Say Fatal Shooting Of Daunte Wright Was An Accident, Release Bodycam Footage
- Trump Praises Troops At The Southern Border: They Are Proud To Be Defending Our Nation
- Israel’s Cyberattack On Iranian Nuclear Facility So Severe That Facility Might Be Down Till 2022
- Anthony Fauci: We Very Well May Need Coronavirus Booster Shots After 6-18 Months