More than 1.8 million illegal immigrants are expected to cross the U.S.-Mexico border this year, making it the “worst ever” on record, highlighting President Joe Biden’s failed policies, according to a new forecast.
The projection from Princeton Policy Advisors showed that a high of 1,864,000 illegal immigrants could cross the southwest border based on current trends and past averages.
The report, provided to Secrets, said that would be 250,000 more than the next highest number recorded in 2000.
Princeton Policy Advisors President Steven Kopits, who has long argued for a market-based visa program to control immigration, said that 2021 is likely to be the worst ever year of illegal immigration.
“The administration will have to work hard to just avoid the title of ‘worst ever for illegal immigration,’” he said in his latest forecast.
Biden, who has put Vice President Kamala Harris in charge of the border crisis, has done all he can to dismantle former President Donald Trump’s immigration policies. He has stopped construction of a border wall, virtually stopped deportations of illegal immigrants already in the U.S., snuffed out diplomatic agreements that kept immigrants at the border, and signaled that crossings will go unstopped — all while telling immigrants to stay away.
Harris has done little publicly to help.
At the same time, Republicans and Trump have been visiting the border to highlight the crisis and build the issue into a top 2022 election topic.
Kopits warned that it could undermine Biden and the Democrats in the elections. “It is premature — but only barely — to peg calendar 2021 as ‘the worst ever’ for the Biden administration. If the administration wants to avoid heading into the 2022 elections with
Polls have shown anger growing in the nation over Biden’s open-border policies and practice of dumping illegal immigrants in cities around the nation.
Kopits used current and historical data to come up with his forecast. His past forecasts have held up well. He said that in a fiscal year model (October to October), this year’s numbers are likely to be the third-worst, at nearly 1.6 million apprehensions of illegal immigrants.
But his calendar year forecast more closely tracks Biden’s time in office, which began on Jan. 20.
“The calendar year numbers loom larger for the administration. If the balance of the year reflects historical averages compared to the respective Junes of those years, the Biden administration will post the highest number of apprehensions at the southwest border for a calendar year ever — by a whopping margin of 250,000! If this happens, the administration will either be pegged as maliciously leaving the border open or as the most incompetent administration ever — by far — with respect to border control,” he wrote.
His report suggested that a market-based system of immigration could salve the political wound. He wrote:
“I would note with no particular selflessness that a market-based visa program would require 6-12 months to pull together with the various stakeholders. As a consequence, the administration could absorb the worst apprehension numbers by proposing a more sustainable system, under discussion and in process when the fiscal and calendar year numbers are tallied. If a potentially acceptable alternative is in the works at the time, the political consequences of dreadful apprehension numbers may be easier to manage.”
Source: Washington Examiner : Forecast: 1.8 million illegal migrants under Biden, ‘worst ever year’
- That’s A Setup: Capitol Fence Comes Back Up; Trump Weighs In On Rally
- Liberals Are Now Cheering For The Deep State They Denied Existed
- By Withholding Regeneron, Biden Could Be Sentencing Black People To Death
- Lawyer Accused Of Lying To FBI About Clinton Ties When Pushing Collusion Claims Pleads Not Guilty
- Ted Cruz Releases Close Up Footage Of 10,000+ Illegal Aliens Under Overpass
- Biden Administration Admits Killing 10 Civilians In Kabul Airstrike
- Apple And Google Join Putin’s KGB
- Bewildered Biden: Gas Prices Should Be Going Down… But They Aren’t
- AOC Hit With Second Met Gala Ethics Complaint
- Is The FAA Covering For Biden’s Bridge Encampment Disaster
- Bush Completes His Scummy Betrayal
- USWNT Players Association Calls Offer Of Identical Contracts A PR Stunt
- Durham Indictment Of Clinton-Connected Russia Hoax Lawyer May Be Imminent
- Biden Admin Send Less Than Half The Antibody Treatment To Florida
- There’s A Hostage Crisis In Afghanistan, And We’re Not Talking About It