A 16-year-old high school student was arrested Thursday over a mask dispute, forcing the school into lockdown for over an hour.
Grace Smith, a student at Laramie High School, was suspended from school for six days via three separate two-day suspensions, she claimed in an interview with Wyoming Sen. Anthony Bouchard about her arrest. She also allegedly received $1,000 in trespassing fines for refusing to leave school grounds.
“It makes me angry,” Smith said. “It makes me feel unwanted by the school system. It makes me stressed out that I have to fight this battle as a 16-year-old. Right now, I should be playing sports and having fun. And instead, I’m fighting for the rights that were supposed to be won hundreds of years ago.”
Bouchard also set up a Give Send Go account for those who wish to help Smith.
Interview with Grace, the 16 yr. old Honors student arrested at Laramie High School yesterday because she took a stand against wearing masks. This girl is a badass standing against Covid Tyranny. #StandWithGrace #tyranny @NeilWMcCabe @OANN https://t.co/v818SNkLA6
— 🇺🇸Anthony Bouchard for Congress Against Cheney (@AnthonyBouchard) October 8, 2021
“You’re what really everybody has to do, and I believe that,” Bouchard said to Smith. “I’ve seen from the beginning of this, everything has been about following orders, it’s all about compliance, but I don’t really see a real direction we’re going in other than making people fit into a mold.”
Laramie High School currently has a mask mandate implemented through Oct. 15, when it will either be dropped or extended. Albany County School District, where the school resides, did not immediately respond to the Washington Examiner’s request for comment.
Source: Washington Examiner : Wyoming high school student arrested for refusal to wear a mask
- Private Home Mask Mandates in California
- Rumor Has it Kamala is Not a Popular Presidential Candidate
- Gov. DeSantis Under Fire From Dems For Disney Rule Change
- Insensitive Comments From the Left About Parade Tragedy
- Christian Florist Forced to Retire by Gay Couple
- Rittenhouse Judge Bans NBC & MSNBC
- Can Joe Biden Tell Tina Fey and Sarah Palin Apart?
- YouTube Chooses To Silence Small Creators With Rittenhouse Trial
- Bidens Plan to go Further in Debt
- Media Claims Joe Biden Didn’t Say Negro
- The New Scoop on Bidenflation
- Gavin Newsom Finally Returns After Disappearing for Weeks
- Vaccine Mandate Effects on Trucking Industry
- Inflation Across the US being claimed as a ‘Good Thing’ by MSNBC Columnist
- Southwest Pilot Sends AP Reporter Into Absolute Panic After Signing Off With Let’s Go Brandon