Fight tech tyranny. Join Dan on Parler @dbongino.
Not satisfied with near universal control of the narrative on major social media sites such as Facebook and Twitter, Democrats have begun a push to wipe the airwaves clean of conservative TV stations Fox News, One America News, and Newsmax.
From the Washington Examiner:
Two House Democrats on Monday questioned 12 television and content providers about why they carry Fox News, One America News Network, and Newsmax, blaming the right-leaning outlets for spreading misinformation and conspiracy theories.
Democratic Reps. Anna Eshoo and Jerry McNerney, both from California, sent letters to television content providers such as AT&T, Roku, Comcast, and Verizon asking them why they carried the three “purported” news outlets that they say function as “misinformation rumor mills and conspiracy theory hotbeds that produce content that leads to real harm.”
The Democrats asked the content carriers if they plan “to continue carrying Fox News, Newsmax, and OANN,” and if so, why.
The move comes has Democrats have increasingly leveraged control over the flow of information on social media. Conservative accounts not outright banned by the social media giants face a constant onslaught of “fact-checks” from platform approved sources.
Upstart social media networks such as Parler that promise to uphold the value of free speech have also been targeted by Big Tech companies, losing their ability to list their applications on Google and Apple’s stores while getting banned from web hosting on Amazon web services.
But conservative news outlets stand in the way of a left-wing monopoly on information, something Democrats are seemingly very concerned about.
The call to cancel its platform did not go unnoticed by Fox News, which issued a scathing statement in response:
In response to the allegations, Fox News Media said in a statement, “As the most watched cable news channel throughout 2020, FOX News Media provided millions of Americans with in-depth reporting, breaking news coverage and clear opinion. For individual members of Congress to highlight political speech they do not like and demand cable distributors engage in viewpoint discrimination sets a terrible precedent.”
The effort also comes as some Democrats have openly floated the idea of establishing a government truth commission, claiming America has to combat the spread of misinformation by sharing one “common narrative.”
Don’t miss The Dan Bongino Show
Author: Mike Robert Lee
Source: Bongino : House Dems Push TV Carriers to Cancel Fox News, OAN, and Newsmax
Join Our Mailing List
- Consumer Prices Jump 0.6% In March, Biggest Gain Since 2012
- Project Veritas Confirms CNN Is A Cesspool Of Dem Propaganda
- House Dem Margin Shrinks To 2 Votes With Swearing-In Of Rep Julia Letlow
- Daunte Wright Was Wanted For Robbing And Choking A Woman At Gunpoint. Here’s Why That Matters
- Ever Tried To Get A Job Outside Of Their Father’s Business? Hunter Biden Targets Trump Children
- Marines’ Vaccine Hesitancy Presents Early Test For Biden As Commander-In-Chief
- BLM Of NYC Calls For Independent Investigation Of BLM Co-Founder After $3.2 Million Home-Buying Binge
- Pentagon Develops Microchip Sensor Technology To Rapidly Detect Covid-19 In Human Blood
- Reports Suggest Trump Might Do Away With Pence, Snag DeSantis For Possible 2024 Dream Ticket
- FDA, CDC Call For Immediate Pause Of Johnson & Johnson Coronavirus Vaccine
- Pelosi Unloads On The Squad, Mocks AOC In New Biography
- Police Say Fatal Shooting Of Daunte Wright Was An Accident, Release Bodycam Footage
- Trump Praises Troops At The Southern Border: They Are Proud To Be Defending Our Nation
- Israel’s Cyberattack On Iranian Nuclear Facility So Severe That Facility Might Be Down Till 2022
- Anthony Fauci: We Very Well May Need Coronavirus Booster Shots After 6-18 Months