Residents of LaPlace, Louisiana, reportedly climbed into their attics as floodwaters rose Sunday night in the wake of Hurricane Ida. Many people cried out for rescues on social media.
Dozens of pleas for help rang out on social media as people reported family members in LaPlace being trapped in their attics. The area became flooded as Hurricane Ida dropped nearly 20 inches of rain.
Anyone with a boat in LaPlace, I have family in their attic. 508 Fairway Dr. LaPlace, LA 70068 @CajunNavyRelief
— S Dumas (@EduDumas) August 30, 2021
— J.A. Roma (@ja_roma4) August 30, 2021
Please keep commenting yall address please don't stop !!!! Help is out there
— moneyman💫 (@bangaaa6) August 30, 2021
Cries for help became more desperate as floodwaters rose throughout the night.
CAJUN NAVY NOT COMING TILL 5 TOMORROW MORNING , WE NEED HELP NOW THE WATER IS GETTING HIGHER PLZZZZZ CAN SOMEBODY PLZ COME HELP US
— big boosie🌻 (@terrriyon) August 30, 2021
WDSU NBC6 reporter Aubry Killion interviewed a LaPlace woman who sent him photos of being trapped in her attic. She told the reporter she believed her house had three to five feet of water inside.
— AUBRY KILLION (@AubryKWDSU) August 30, 2021
“When we got in the attic, the water was right below my knees,” Miller told WDSU. “For the water to get that high in my house, the water outside needs to be at least waist-deep.”
Bob Price serves as associate editor and senior news contributor for the Breitbart Texas-Border team. He is an original member of the Breitbart Texas team. Price is a regular panelist on Fox 26 Houston’s What’s Your Point? Sunday-morning talk show. Follow him on Twitter @BobPriceBBTX and Facebook.
Author: BOB PRICE
- Texas Abortion Ban To Remain In Place Until Arguments, Supreme Court Rules
- Montana Rape Suspect Is An Afghan Refugee Resettled By Biden Administration
- CNN Defends Lie About Joe Rogan By Saying Rogan Had His Feelings Hurt
- State Seeks Temporary Restraining Order To Stop Biden Vaccine Mandate
- State Dept Accidentally Proves Biden Lied About How Americans Were Left Behind In Afghanistan
- Loudoun School Board Was Informed Of Alleged Sexual Assault The Day It Happened
- DeSantis Shares Don’t Tread On Florida Meme Featuring An Alligator
- Trump’s Truth Social Platform Deal Draws Strong Interest From Investors
- Proposed Electric Vehicle Tax Credits Benefit Unions – Not Environment
- Biden Claims No Time To Visit Border Despite 24 Trips To Delaware
- CRT, Anti-Racism, BLM: Legacies Of A Slave Mentality
- Fed Bans Officials From Buying Stocks In Response To Trading Controversy
- DeSantis To Call Special Legislative Session To Address Covid-19 Vaccine Mandates
- Trump Releases New Details On Social Media Platform That He Is Launching Soon
- Biden Boasts Plan To Take Vehicles Off Highways And Put People On Trains