Voters in Texas’ sixth congressional district elected state representative Jake Ellzey on Tuesday night in a special election. Ellzey defeated former President Trump’s endorsed candidate, Susan Wright, whose late husband previously held the seat. Wright was also endorsed by Congresswoman Elise Stefanik (R-NY).
With election day votes now starting to come in from Tarrant and Navarro Counties in, Jake Ellzey(R) with 13,820 votes (52.80%) still leads Susan Wright(R) 12,354 (47.20%) in the TX-06 special election runoff. https://t.co/u5Zhy1FOjU pic.twitter.com/cRdOAzqorQ
— Decision Desk HQ (@DecisionDeskHQ) July 28, 2021
I've seen enough. Jake Ellzey (R) defeats Susan Wright (R) in the #TX06 special election runoff.
— Dave Wasserman (@Redistrict) July 28, 2021
Democrats were shut out of the runoff in May, guaranteeing GOP control of the seat. The National Republican Congressional Commitee (NRCC) congratulated Ellzey on a “hard-fought” victory.
“Congratulations to Jake Ellzey on a hard-fought win. #TX06 District has elected a staunch conservative who will fight Democrats’ socialist agenda of open borders, higher taxes and massive spending packages that are causing the cost of goods to skyrocket,” Chairman Tom Emmer (R-MN) wrote in a statement.
— NRCC (@NRCC) July 28, 2021
Ellzey’s victory knocks Speaker Pelosi’s majority in the lower chamber down to just 8 seats.
Texas state GOP Rep. Jake Ellzey defeats Republican Susan Wright, supported by former President Trump & is the widow of the late Congressman Ron Wright, in special #TX06 runoff election tonight. Rep. Wright died on Feb 7 after contracting COVID-19 & was also battling lung cancer.
— Craig Caplan (@CraigCaplan) July 28, 2021
Author: Reagan McCarthy
Source: Townhall : Jake Ellzey Wins Texas Runoff Election Over Trump-Endorsed Susan Wright
- That’s A Setup: Capitol Fence Comes Back Up; Trump Weighs In On Rally
- Liberals Are Now Cheering For The Deep State They Denied Existed
- By Withholding Regeneron, Biden Could Be Sentencing Black People To Death
- Lawyer Accused Of Lying To FBI About Clinton Ties When Pushing Collusion Claims Pleads Not Guilty
- Ted Cruz Releases Close Up Footage Of 10,000+ Illegal Aliens Under Overpass
- Biden Administration Admits Killing 10 Civilians In Kabul Airstrike
- Apple And Google Join Putin’s KGB
- Bewildered Biden: Gas Prices Should Be Going Down… But They Aren’t
- AOC Hit With Second Met Gala Ethics Complaint
- Is The FAA Covering For Biden’s Bridge Encampment Disaster
- Bush Completes His Scummy Betrayal
- USWNT Players Association Calls Offer Of Identical Contracts A PR Stunt
- Durham Indictment Of Clinton-Connected Russia Hoax Lawyer May Be Imminent
- Biden Admin Send Less Than Half The Antibody Treatment To Florida
- There’s A Hostage Crisis In Afghanistan, And We’re Not Talking About It