Good morning and welcome to Fox News First. Here’s what you need to know as you start your day …
Jim Jordan slams Democrats for dismissing his questions at hearing with high-tech CEOs
A fiery U.S. Rep. Jim Jordan, R-Ohio, brought a House Judiciary Committee hearing to a halt Wednesday when he launched a tirade against Democrats who were grilling the CEOs of some of the world’s biggest tech companies.
The fireworks began when Rep. Mary Gay Scanlon, D- Pa., interrupted Jordan’s questioning of Alphabet CEO Sundar Pichai over Alphabet unit Google’s alleged search engine bias against conservatives — and whether Pichai would pledge that Google will not interfere in the upcoming election to benefit Joe Biden.
Scanlon dismissed Jordan’s concerns as “fringe conspiracy theories.”
“Mr. Chairman, we have the email,” Jordan responded, referring to a message written by a Google staffer that suggested the tech giant aided Hillary Clinton’s 2016 campaign.
Other related developments:
– Tucker challenges Jim Jordan after Big Tech hearing: ‘Google is your second biggest campaign contributor’
– ADONIS HOFFMAN: Big Tech leaders get justified criticism for wrongdoing and immense power at House hearing
– MacCallum presses Warner over claim tech companies should censor ‘knowingly false’ information
– Greg Gutfeld pans ‘exhausting’ House subcommittee hearing with Big Tech CEOs
Tucker says Biden win could hand power to ‘fraud’ Kamala Harris or ‘bomb-thrower’ Karen Bass
Fox News’ Tucker Carlson used his monologue on Wednesday’s “Tucker Carlson Tonight” to take a closer look at Kamala Harris and Karen Bass — two of the leading contenders to be Joe Biden’s running mate.
Tucker: Joe Biden’s VP pick will be the most consequential in historyVideo
“Joe Biden cannot govern the country. He isn’t capable of it,” said Carlson, who cited reports the former vice president may serve only one term if elected. “So Biden’s running mate will be the most consequential VP pick in American history.”
“Kamala Harris has no answers. Fixing the problem is not the point of the exercise,” Carlson said. “Winning is the point.”
“Unlike Kamala Harris, Karen Bass is not a fraud,” he said. “Karen Bass means it. She’s sincere. She’s an unapologetic left-wing bomb-thrower who spent decades working to help Fidel Castro and his Cold War against the United States.” CLICK HERE FOR MORE.
Federal agents won’t leave Portland until courthouse is ‘safe and secure,’ acting DHS boss says
Acting Homeland Security Secretary Chad Wolf told “Bill Hemmer Reports” Wednesday that despite promises by Oregon’s Gov. Kate Brown to the contrary, federal agents will not leave Portland, Ore., until a federal courthouse that has been repeatedly attacked by rioters is “safe and secure.”
“We will continue to keep law enforcement officers in the area to make sure that that courthouse is secure at the end of the day,” Wolf told Hemmer.
Wolf said he and the Democrat governor had agreed on a plan to end “the violent activity in Portland directed at federal properties and law enforcement officers” that called for “the robust presence of Oregon State Police in downtown Portland.”
“Over time,” Wolf told Hemmer, “if the Oregon State Police and the plan that has been put in place is successful, and we can responsibly draw down law enforcement assets there, then we will.”
– German police uncover hidden cellar under Madeleine McCann suspect’s former home: report
– Michigan inn removes Norwegian flag as residents falsely believe it’s a Confederate flag: report
– Laura Ingraham hammers Democrats over ‘deafening silence’ after Black Trump supporter murdered
– Seattle residents slam ‘Defund the police’ as ‘radical experiment’ during city budget meeting
– Tom Brady sacked – in Buffalo-area woman’s obituary
THE LATEST FROM FOX BUSINESS:
– US growth report to show a record-breaking economic plunge
– Small businesses using personal funds to stay afloat during coronavirus crisis, study finds
– Kodak CEO the picture of wealth on stock rally, government deal
#TheFlashback: CLICK HERE to find out what happened on “This Day in History.”
SOME PARTING WORDS
Sean Hannity says New York City is deteriorating “before our very eyes.” He blames Mayor Bill De Blasio and Gov. Andrew Cuomo, both Democrats, for the current state of the Big Apple. He laments this is just a hint of what defunding the police could bring.
Not signed up yet for Fox News First? Click here to find out what you’re missing.
Click here to find out what’s on Fox News, Fox Business, and Fox News Radio today!
Fox News First is compiled by Fox News’ Jack Durschlag. Thank you for making us your first choice in the morning! We’ll see you in your inbox first thing Friday.
Author: Jim Jordan Staff
Source: Fox News : Jim Jordan lashes out at Dems as House panel grills high-tech CEOs
Join Our Mailing List
- Chinese-Made Drones In The US Are Spying On Us
- Confidence In Johnson & Johnson Vaccine Plummets After FDA Issues Pause: More Now See It As Unsafe
- Democrats To Unveil Court-Packing Bill; Expands Supreme Court To 13
- Liz Cheney Says She Will Not Vote For Trump If He Runs Again. Trump Immediately Responds
- Biden Admin Wins Immediate Possession Of Private Land To Expand Border Wall
- Consumer Prices Jump 0.6% In March, Biggest Gain Since 2012
- Project Veritas Confirms CNN Is A Cesspool Of Dem Propaganda
- House Dem Margin Shrinks To 2 Votes With Swearing-In Of Rep Julia Letlow
- Daunte Wright Was Wanted For Robbing And Choking A Woman At Gunpoint. Here’s Why That Matters
- Ever Tried To Get A Job Outside Of Their Father’s Business? Hunter Biden Targets Trump Children
- Marines’ Vaccine Hesitancy Presents Early Test For Biden As Commander-In-Chief
- BLM Of NYC Calls For Independent Investigation Of BLM Co-Founder After $3.2 Million Home-Buying Binge
- Pentagon Develops Microchip Sensor Technology To Rapidly Detect Covid-19 In Human Blood
- Reports Suggest Trump Might Do Away With Pence, Snag DeSantis For Possible 2024 Dream Ticket
- FDA, CDC Call For Immediate Pause Of Johnson & Johnson Coronavirus Vaccine