In a 2007 Late Show with David Letterman appearance, Joe Biden claimed to have trespassed in the Capitol Building, which led to him being arrested for sitting in the presiding Senate officer’s chair.
“In those days, no guards stopping you everywhere. And they just got out of session. I walked in the back, all of the sudden I found myself in the chamber. I was stunned. I walked up, sat down in the presiding officer’s seat, guy grabbed by the shoulder, said: ‘you’re under arrest. Literally nine years later, as I walked onto the Senate floor through the same door, that same guy, cop, said to me, ‘Senator, you remember me?’ I said, ‘geez, I don’t.’ He said, ‘I arrested you nine years ago…welcome back.’
Since Joe Biden has falsely claimed that he was arrested trying to visit Nelson Mandela in apartheid, South Africa, it is possible that he greatly exaggerated or just made up the story he told for David Letterman. However, assuming it’s not just a fantasy Biden invented, it’s particularly ironic because perhaps the most famous Capitol Hill rioter was Jacob Chansley AKA Jake Angeli AKA the Viking Hat Guy, was rather famously photographed in front of the presiding Senate officer’s chair. Is that a sign that he may be President one day? Let’s hope not.
However, it is a sign that the riot, inexcusable though it may be, was not an “insurrection,” that it didn’t justify bringing in troops to guard the area (which are still there) and that it’s worth keeping in mind that what many of the people charged did wrong isn’t fundamentally any different than what the current President of the United States did when he was younger.
Author: John Hawkins
Join Our Mailing List
- Consumer Prices Jump 0.6% In March, Biggest Gain Since 2012
- Project Veritas Confirms CNN Is A Cesspool Of Dem Propaganda
- House Dem Margin Shrinks To 2 Votes With Swearing-In Of Rep Julia Letlow
- Daunte Wright Was Wanted For Robbing And Choking A Woman At Gunpoint. Here’s Why That Matters
- Ever Tried To Get A Job Outside Of Their Father’s Business? Hunter Biden Targets Trump Children
- Marines’ Vaccine Hesitancy Presents Early Test For Biden As Commander-In-Chief
- BLM Of NYC Calls For Independent Investigation Of BLM Co-Founder After $3.2 Million Home-Buying Binge
- Pentagon Develops Microchip Sensor Technology To Rapidly Detect Covid-19 In Human Blood
- Reports Suggest Trump Might Do Away With Pence, Snag DeSantis For Possible 2024 Dream Ticket
- FDA, CDC Call For Immediate Pause Of Johnson & Johnson Coronavirus Vaccine
- Pelosi Unloads On The Squad, Mocks AOC In New Biography
- Police Say Fatal Shooting Of Daunte Wright Was An Accident, Release Bodycam Footage
- Trump Praises Troops At The Southern Border: They Are Proud To Be Defending Our Nation
- Israel’s Cyberattack On Iranian Nuclear Facility So Severe That Facility Might Be Down Till 2022
- Anthony Fauci: We Very Well May Need Coronavirus Booster Shots After 6-18 Months