A man who led Black Lives Matter protests in New Hampshire last month has been indicted on child pornography charges, according to a new report.
Chris DeVries, 37, of Jackson, New Hampshire, led a protest on June 21 dubbed “Skate Away the Hate,” which encouraged participants to ride skateboards down a local highway to show support for the Black Lives Matter movement.
“If we divest funds from police and prison systems, we all benefit,” DeVries said during the event, according to the Conway Daily Sun. “Those funds can go to local communities and social services.”
DeVries has been charged with six counts of possessing child sexual abuse images, one count of possession of psilocybin mushrooms, and one of falsifying physical evidence, local police said. The child pornography charges carry a sentence of up to 15 years in prison and a $4,000 fine. The drug offenses are punishable by up to seven years in prison.
Jackson Police Chief Chris Perley told the newspaper on Sunday he could not comment on the case, which remains active.
“But I can say that generally speaking, people should be very cautious about listening to voices suggesting defunding of the police because their motives are not always in the best interest of society,” Perley said.
Police warrants indicate DeVries was in possession of photos and other media that depicted young girls either in “lewd exhibition” of private parts or engaging in sexual activity, the outlet reported. A forensic examiner with Internet Crimes Against Children found more than 60 images of child sexual abuse, police said.
DeVries entered a not guilty plea on Monday. He is currently being held without bail.
Author: Dominick Mastrangelo
Source: Washington Examiner: Man who led protest supporting Black Lives Matter arrested on child pornography charges
- That’s A Setup: Capitol Fence Comes Back Up; Trump Weighs In On Rally
- Liberals Are Now Cheering For The Deep State They Denied Existed
- By Withholding Regeneron, Biden Could Be Sentencing Black People To Death
- Lawyer Accused Of Lying To FBI About Clinton Ties When Pushing Collusion Claims Pleads Not Guilty
- Ted Cruz Releases Close Up Footage Of 10,000+ Illegal Aliens Under Overpass
- Biden Administration Admits Killing 10 Civilians In Kabul Airstrike
- Apple And Google Join Putin’s KGB
- Bewildered Biden: Gas Prices Should Be Going Down… But They Aren’t
- AOC Hit With Second Met Gala Ethics Complaint
- Is The FAA Covering For Biden’s Bridge Encampment Disaster
- Bush Completes His Scummy Betrayal
- USWNT Players Association Calls Offer Of Identical Contracts A PR Stunt
- Durham Indictment Of Clinton-Connected Russia Hoax Lawyer May Be Imminent
- Biden Admin Send Less Than Half The Antibody Treatment To Florida
- There’s A Hostage Crisis In Afghanistan, And We’re Not Talking About It