Fight tech tyranny. Join Dan on Parler @dbongino.
That there were “kids in cages” at the border was a common talking point during the Trump-era among dimwitted liberals unaware that Trump was merely extending an Obama-era policy. There’s a reason Joe Biden didn’t have an answer when Trump famously quipped “Who build the cages Joe?” in response to the talking point – because it was the guy he worked for.
Since taking office Biden has since freed a grand total of zero “kids in cages.” In response, a previously outraged media that compared such a policy to concentration camps has gone silent, which goes to show how much they believe their own rhetoric.
In fact, the media is making excuses for it when Biden does it. The Washington Post reported on Monday that Biden has opened the first “migrant facility for children” of his administration, where children are effectively housed in storage containers. Post articles referred to similar structures under the Trump administration in much harsher terms, such as “The American tradition of caging children,” and “The real reason we’re locking children in cages.”
First migrant facility for children opens under Biden https://t.co/ADgQxIlMYU
— The Washington Post (@washingtonpost) February 23, 2021
Fox’s Peter Doocy pressed Jen “Circle Back” Psaki over the glaring hypocrisy at a briefing yesterday.
“Is the Biden administration reopening a temporary facility for migrant children in Texas?” he asked.
“It’s a temporary reopening,” Psaki replied. “Because of COVID-19, our intention is very much to close it, but we wanted to ensure that we can follow COVID safety, COVID protocols, as unaccompanied minors come into the United States.”
Doocy then pointed out the hypocrisy, that this is the “same facility that was open for a month in the Trump administration, summer 2019, that is when Joe Biden said ‘under Trump there have been horrifying scenes at the border of kids being kept in cages.’ And Kamala Harris said basically ‘babies in cages is a human rights abuse being committed by the United States government.” He then pressed, “so how is this any different than that?”
“This is not kids being kept in cages,” Psaki replied. “This is kids, this is a facility that was opened, that’s going to follow the same standards as other HHS facilities. It is not a replication, certainly not, that was never our intention of replicating the immigration policies of the past administration, but we are in a circumstance where we are not going to expel unaccompanied minors at the border. That would be inhumane, that is not what we’re going to do here as an administration.”
She does sort of have a point – this looks more like children being held in boxes rather than cages… though I think that’s worse.
Don’t miss The Dan Bongino Show
Author: Matt Palumbo
Source: Bongino : Psaki Grilled Over Hypocrisy on “Kids in Cages” at the Border
Join Our Mailing List
- Consumer Prices Jump 0.6% In March, Biggest Gain Since 2012
- Project Veritas Confirms CNN Is A Cesspool Of Dem Propaganda
- House Dem Margin Shrinks To 2 Votes With Swearing-In Of Rep Julia Letlow
- Daunte Wright Was Wanted For Robbing And Choking A Woman At Gunpoint. Here’s Why That Matters
- Ever Tried To Get A Job Outside Of Their Father’s Business? Hunter Biden Targets Trump Children
- Marines’ Vaccine Hesitancy Presents Early Test For Biden As Commander-In-Chief
- BLM Of NYC Calls For Independent Investigation Of BLM Co-Founder After $3.2 Million Home-Buying Binge
- Pentagon Develops Microchip Sensor Technology To Rapidly Detect Covid-19 In Human Blood
- Reports Suggest Trump Might Do Away With Pence, Snag DeSantis For Possible 2024 Dream Ticket
- FDA, CDC Call For Immediate Pause Of Johnson & Johnson Coronavirus Vaccine
- Pelosi Unloads On The Squad, Mocks AOC In New Biography
- Police Say Fatal Shooting Of Daunte Wright Was An Accident, Release Bodycam Footage
- Trump Praises Troops At The Southern Border: They Are Proud To Be Defending Our Nation
- Israel’s Cyberattack On Iranian Nuclear Facility So Severe That Facility Might Be Down Till 2022
- Anthony Fauci: We Very Well May Need Coronavirus Booster Shots After 6-18 Months