Democratic Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (NY) recently graced the cover of swanky magazine Vanity Fair, which featured the socialist darling wearing pricey outfits upwards of $14,000 for the photoshoot.
Fox News reported, “The progressive lawmaker from New York — whose policies often sway far to the left of more centrist Democrats — has in the past condemned politicians that she says are beholden to Wall Street, even as she was gifted a $2,850 suit from Loewe for the shoot, according to reports by the Daily Mail.”
The outfits, including a polka dot collared dress, a blue blazer, and a “suffragette white” get-up, totaled more than $14,000, according to the Daily Mail.
“In one portion of the interview,” the Daily Mail noted, AOC “said ‘dressing the part has been an unexpected struggle, but it’s also a way to connect with constituents’ while wearing an $800 dress and $1,450 earrings.”
Ocasio-Cortez is best known for authoring the radical “Green New Deal,” which has an estimated price tag of up to $93 trillion over the course of a decade, according to economist Douglas Holtz-Eakin — a plan certain to dramatically spike taxes.
The plan would “tally between $51 trillion and $93 trillion over 10-years, concludes American Action Forum, which is run by Douglas Holtz-Eakin, who directed the non-partisan CBO from 2003 to 2005,” Bloomberg reported last year.
The price tag would amount to $650,000 per U.S. household.
During her interview with Vanity Fair, AOC lambasted President Donald Trump over his apparently minimal payment in taxes in 2017, which President Donald Trump outright rejects.
“These are the same people saying that we can’t have tuition-free public colleges because there’s no money,” the New York representative says, “when these motherf*****s are only paying $750 a year in taxes.”
Trump, who is currently under audit by the IRS, said he prepaid millions and millions of dollars in taxes.
AOC in suffragist white, on cover of Vanity Fair. pic.twitter.com/QeqOZNO5ct
— katie rosman (@katierosman) October 28, 2020
AOC also claimed victimhood against the Right, suggesting conservatives are sexist.
“It’s very dehumanizing in both ways, strangely, both the negative and the positive,” she said of the Right.
“It’s not an accident that, every cycle, the boogeyman of the Democrats is a woman,” Ocasio-Cortez emphasized. “A couple of cycles ago, it was Pelosi. Then it was Hillary, and now it’s me.”
AOC added that it’s “legitimately hard being a first-generation woman … and being working class, trying to navigate a professional environment. … It continues to take me so long to try to figure out how to look put-together without having a huge designer closet.”
Presenting our December cover star: Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez! Two elections in, the congresswoman is still fighting the fight—and she’s as sure as she’s ever been.
— VANITY FAIR (@VanityFair) October 28, 2020
“So when millennials talk about concepts like democratic socialism, we’re not talking about these kinds of ‘Red Scare’ boogeyman,” she said. “We’re talking about countries and systems that already exist that have already been proven to be successful in the modern world.”
“We’re talking about single-payer health care that has already been successful in many different models, from Finland to Canada to the UK,” she continued.
The Daily Wire is one of America’s fastest-growing conservative media companies and counter-cultural outlets for news, opinion, and entertainment. Get inside access to The Daily Wire by becoming a member.
Author: Amanda Prestigiacomo
Source: Daily Wire : Socialist Darling AOC’s Outfits For Vanity Fair Shoot Cost Upwards Of $14,000
- Texas Abortion Ban To Remain In Place Until Arguments, Supreme Court Rules
- Montana Rape Suspect Is An Afghan Refugee Resettled By Biden Administration
- CNN Defends Lie About Joe Rogan By Saying Rogan Had His Feelings Hurt
- State Seeks Temporary Restraining Order To Stop Biden Vaccine Mandate
- State Dept Accidentally Proves Biden Lied About How Americans Were Left Behind In Afghanistan
- Loudoun School Board Was Informed Of Alleged Sexual Assault The Day It Happened
- DeSantis Shares Don’t Tread On Florida Meme Featuring An Alligator
- Trump’s Truth Social Platform Deal Draws Strong Interest From Investors
- Proposed Electric Vehicle Tax Credits Benefit Unions – Not Environment
- Biden Claims No Time To Visit Border Despite 24 Trips To Delaware
- CRT, Anti-Racism, BLM: Legacies Of A Slave Mentality
- Fed Bans Officials From Buying Stocks In Response To Trading Controversy
- DeSantis To Call Special Legislative Session To Address Covid-19 Vaccine Mandates
- Trump Releases New Details On Social Media Platform That He Is Launching Soon
- Biden Boasts Plan To Take Vehicles Off Highways And Put People On Trains