While referencing the book of Micah in a letter to the Hebrew Congregation of Newport in 1790, President George Washington conveyed his dream that America would exist as a nation where “everyone shall sit in safety under his own vine and fig tree, and there shall be none to make him afraid.” It was Washington’s desire that all citizens be useful in “our several vocations … and in his own due time and way everlastingly happy.”
What we are witnessing today under the Biden administration does not reflect the vision of our Founding Fathers’ ideals of “life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness” for the citizens of this great nation.
Under the Biden administration, illegal immigration has reached a near-historic high, as more than 1 million people have flooded over the border in recent months. Unfortunately, this has included drug cartels, criminals, sex traffickers, and unaccompanied minors. Moreover, in the month of June, the number of attempted illegal immigrants crossing our southern border hit a 21-year high. President Joe Biden has insisted that the June spike is “seasonal,” even though this is historically inaccurate due to temperature rise in the months of May and June that makes the journey perilous and dangerous. Furthermore, rather than discouraging these illegal crossings, the Biden administration is encouraging this activity with incentives such as free airline transportation for illegal immigrants that is subsidized by taxpayers.
Aside from this obvious tax burden for the public, we are already dealing with other deleterious effects of unwise liberal policy. A recent New York Times article concluded that our nation’s crime rate has suffered more homicides in 2020 than in the previous year by 30%. Unfortunately, the year 2021 has not brought us any promise that this percentage will be any better. We are halfway through the year, and we are already seeing a 24% homicide spike compared to last year. In addition, inflation is rising at an alarming rate, affecting food and energy, which is devastating for poor and working families.
Simultaneously, our nation is still battling high rates of new COVID-19 cases. Currently, we are banning travel from certain allied countries due to infection rates, while at the same time we are welcoming anyone from anywhere at our southern border with little COVID-19 testing or enforcement of COVID-19 protocols.
The foremost responsibility of our government is to ensure the safety of its citizenry. Today, we find ourselves in a national security crisis. That is why I am introducing the No Fly for Illegal Aliens Act. This is a bill that would prohibit taxpayer dollars from paying for airfare to relocate illegal immigrants into our country.
Our taxpayer dollars should be going toward addressing the needs of our poor and working families, while at the same time funding our police so that they may have the tools that they need to protect the public properly. Often, our poorest citizens are affected and burdened by crime in our cities the most. The No Fly for Illegal Aliens Act represents a step in the right direction, ensuring the sovereignty of our borders and the protection of our electorate. The sovereignty of the people and our nation is guaranteed by the Constitution, and our policies need to reflect that.
Madison Cawthorn represents North Carolina’s 11th Congressional District in the U.S. House of Representatives.
Author: Rep. Madison Cawthorn
Source: Washington Examiner : Stop using taxpayer money to give illegal immigrants free flights
- That’s A Setup: Capitol Fence Comes Back Up; Trump Weighs In On Rally
- Liberals Are Now Cheering For The Deep State They Denied Existed
- By Withholding Regeneron, Biden Could Be Sentencing Black People To Death
- Lawyer Accused Of Lying To FBI About Clinton Ties When Pushing Collusion Claims Pleads Not Guilty
- Ted Cruz Releases Close Up Footage Of 10,000+ Illegal Aliens Under Overpass
- Biden Administration Admits Killing 10 Civilians In Kabul Airstrike
- Apple And Google Join Putin’s KGB
- Bewildered Biden: Gas Prices Should Be Going Down… But They Aren’t
- AOC Hit With Second Met Gala Ethics Complaint
- Is The FAA Covering For Biden’s Bridge Encampment Disaster
- Bush Completes His Scummy Betrayal
- USWNT Players Association Calls Offer Of Identical Contracts A PR Stunt
- Durham Indictment Of Clinton-Connected Russia Hoax Lawyer May Be Imminent
- Biden Admin Send Less Than Half The Antibody Treatment To Florida
- There’s A Hostage Crisis In Afghanistan, And We’re Not Talking About It