The New York Times’ COVID case count chart has some good news for Floridians: you now have one of the lowest daily case rates in the country.
“Florida’s case rate per 100,000 people over the last week was 13, third only behind Connecticut and Hawaii, which both have a rate of 11 cases per 100,000,” the New York Times reports.
Meanwhile, northern states like Colorado, Vermont, Michigan, and Minnesota saw rates rise as much as 20%. The Associated Press says prepare for a “winter wave.”
“Health experts fear the next wave in Northern states as cold weather approaches, AP reports. “Many Northern states are still struggling with rising cases, and what’s ahead for winter is far less clear.”
Last month, Florida Governor Ron DeSantis clashed with the Biden administration for its attempt to limit access to life-saving monoclonal antibody treatments. Biden and DeSantis exchanged barbs in the press, with the Florida Governor telling the President to, “do your job.”
“This works,” DeSantis said of the monoclonal antibody treatment. “And here’s the thing, when it was apparent that it worked, that is when the Biden administration decided to take from Florida and to cut our allotment.”
Governor DeSantis is also considering legislation to prevent vaccine-related firings, saying “No one should lose their job because of COVID shots.”
No one should lose their job because of COVID shots.@HealthyFla fined Leon County more than $3.5 million for violating Florida law after the county fired 14 employees for not complying with the county’s forced vaccination policy.
— Ron DeSantis (@GovRonDeSantis) October 12, 2021
Never miss an important story or a must-see moment. Get the best news and videos delivered directly to your inbox every morning with the Up First email!
Never miss important information about new shows, specials, and breaking news. Subscribe to notifications and you’ll get inside access to what matters to you!
Author: The First
- Private Home Mask Mandates in California
- Rumor Has it Kamala is Not a Popular Presidential Candidate
- Gov. DeSantis Under Fire From Dems For Disney Rule Change
- Insensitive Comments From the Left About Parade Tragedy
- Christian Florist Forced to Retire by Gay Couple
- Rittenhouse Judge Bans NBC & MSNBC
- Can Joe Biden Tell Tina Fey and Sarah Palin Apart?
- YouTube Chooses To Silence Small Creators With Rittenhouse Trial
- Bidens Plan to go Further in Debt
- Media Claims Joe Biden Didn’t Say Negro
- The New Scoop on Bidenflation
- Gavin Newsom Finally Returns After Disappearing for Weeks
- Vaccine Mandate Effects on Trucking Industry
- Inflation Across the US being claimed as a ‘Good Thing’ by MSNBC Columnist
- Southwest Pilot Sends AP Reporter Into Absolute Panic After Signing Off With Let’s Go Brandon