The U.S. men’s basketball team suffered its first Olympic defeat in 17 years against France on Sunday.
The French took victory in an 83-76 upset, marking the end to Team USA’s 25-game winning streak spanning back to the 2004 Olympics in Athens.
Sunday’s loss is the second the U.S. has endured against France on the international level but is the first to take place in the Olympics.
The Boston Celtics’ Evan Fournier led Team France to victory, scoring 28 points during the game, the highest on the team.
The defeat does not necessarily mean Team USA won’t medal, as the team still has a chance of advancing to the quarterfinals if it wins its matches against Iran and the Czech Republic. Team USA will face Team Iran on Wednesday, seeking to redeem themselves after the crushing loss.
Before the Olympics began, fans were already left disappointed when several members of the U.S. basketball team were sidelined for health and safety reasons. Starter Bradley Beal tested positive for COVID-19 earlier this month and was taken off the team’s roster as a result. NBA champion Kevin Love also left the roster due to an injury. The players were replaced by JaVale McGee and Keldon Johnson.
The 2020 Olympics are being hosted in Tokyo this summer after being canceled last year due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The games started on Friday and will go until Aug. 8.
Source: Washington Examiner : Team USA men’s basketball suffers first Olympic defeat since 2004
- That’s A Setup: Capitol Fence Comes Back Up; Trump Weighs In On Rally
- Liberals Are Now Cheering For The Deep State They Denied Existed
- By Withholding Regeneron, Biden Could Be Sentencing Black People To Death
- Lawyer Accused Of Lying To FBI About Clinton Ties When Pushing Collusion Claims Pleads Not Guilty
- Ted Cruz Releases Close Up Footage Of 10,000+ Illegal Aliens Under Overpass
- Biden Administration Admits Killing 10 Civilians In Kabul Airstrike
- Apple And Google Join Putin’s KGB
- Bewildered Biden: Gas Prices Should Be Going Down… But They Aren’t
- AOC Hit With Second Met Gala Ethics Complaint
- Is The FAA Covering For Biden’s Bridge Encampment Disaster
- Bush Completes His Scummy Betrayal
- USWNT Players Association Calls Offer Of Identical Contracts A PR Stunt
- Durham Indictment Of Clinton-Connected Russia Hoax Lawyer May Be Imminent
- Biden Admin Send Less Than Half The Antibody Treatment To Florida
- There’s A Hostage Crisis In Afghanistan, And We’re Not Talking About It