Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) released video that he recorded in Del Rio, Texas, of the national security and humanitarian disaster that has unfolded on Democrat President Joe Biden’s watch.
The video showed thousands upon thousands of illegal aliens who were being held by the Biden administration under an overpass.
Cruz said that more than 10,000 were being held.
“The reason they’re here is simple,” Cruz says in the video. “Eight days ago, the Biden administration made a political decision, a political decision to cancel deportation flights to Haiti. They did that on September 8th. Eight days later these numbers appear.”
“On September 8th, underneath this bridge, there were between 700 and a thousand people,” Cruz continued. “But when the word got out that Joe Biden and Kamala Harris were no longer deporting people that came from Haiti, suddenly everyone was here, called their friends, called their family, and the numbers surged to 10,503. That’s what’s here today. It is more than the capacity of the Border Patrol to handle.”
“This is the result of a political decision,” Cruz concluded. “This is the result that is indefensible. What we are seeing here, this is wrong. This is inhumane and this is entirely caused by Joe Biden and Kamala Harris.”
10,503 illegal aliens are under this bridge tonight because Joe Biden made a political decision to cancel deportation flights to Haiti.
— Ted Cruz (@tedcruz) September 17, 2021
Fox News reporter Bill Melugin reported on Thursday evening that the administration moved to shut down drones operating in the area due to a “special security reason.”
“We’ve learned that the FAA just implemented a two week TFR (Temporary Flight Restrictions) over the international bridge in Del Rio, TX, meaning we can no longer fly our FOX drone over it to show images of the thousands of migrants,” Melugin tweeted. “FAA says ‘special security reason.’”
The news comes as the Biden administration once again recorded well over 200,000 apprehensions of illegal aliens for the month of August, a more than 300% surge compared to August of last year.
Chad Wolf, former acting DHS secretary and Heritage visiting fellow, slammed the administration in a statement earlier this week, saying that Biden’s “failed border-security policies are simply unsustainable.”
“The men and women of federal law enforcement cannot continue to deal with these crisis-level numbers. They are already overwhelmed and overburdened. The breakdown is coming,” Wolf said. “Hundreds have been pulled off the line, from defending and safeguarding our borders, to process and care for the flood of illegal aliens apprehended at the border. Cartels and smugglers have taken advantage of our weakness, with record numbers of not just people, but narcotics, pouring across an increasingly undefended border.”
“President Biden simply isn’t listening, and I fear that we are staring down the prospect of a preventable disaster stemming from this crisis,” Wolf added. “Sadly, just as we saw in Afghanistan in recent weeks, it seems that for this administration, politics trumps national security.”
This report has been updated to include additional information.
The Daily Wire is one of America’s fastest-growing conservative media companies and counter-cultural outlets for news, opinion, and entertainment. Get inside access to The Daily Wire by becoming a member
Author: Ryan Saavedra
- Texas Abortion Ban To Remain In Place Until Arguments, Supreme Court Rules
- Montana Rape Suspect Is An Afghan Refugee Resettled By Biden Administration
- CNN Defends Lie About Joe Rogan By Saying Rogan Had His Feelings Hurt
- State Seeks Temporary Restraining Order To Stop Biden Vaccine Mandate
- State Dept Accidentally Proves Biden Lied About How Americans Were Left Behind In Afghanistan
- Loudoun School Board Was Informed Of Alleged Sexual Assault The Day It Happened
- DeSantis Shares Don’t Tread On Florida Meme Featuring An Alligator
- Trump’s Truth Social Platform Deal Draws Strong Interest From Investors
- Proposed Electric Vehicle Tax Credits Benefit Unions – Not Environment
- Biden Claims No Time To Visit Border Despite 24 Trips To Delaware
- CRT, Anti-Racism, BLM: Legacies Of A Slave Mentality
- Fed Bans Officials From Buying Stocks In Response To Trading Controversy
- DeSantis To Call Special Legislative Session To Address Covid-19 Vaccine Mandates
- Trump Releases New Details On Social Media Platform That He Is Launching Soon
- Biden Boasts Plan To Take Vehicles Off Highways And Put People On Trains