Golf legend Tiger Woods was injured in a serious car accident in southern California Tuesday morning, the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department said.
— LA County Sheriffs (@LASDHQ) February 23, 2021
BREAKING: Tiger Woods transported to hospital with injuries following vehicle crash with "major damage," LA County Sheriff's Dept. says. pic.twitter.com/hxcGYAig8D
— MSNBC (@MSNBC) February 23, 2021
Woods had to be extricated from the vehicle with the “jaws of life” tools, according to the L.A. County Sheriff’s Department. However, in an interview with Fox News, L.A. County Sheriff’s Department Capt. James Powers said the “jaws of life” were in fact not used to remove the golfer. It is unclear why there is a discrepancy in statements regarding the “jaws of life” from law enforcement.
So the LA Sherrif's Department is now telling Fox News that the jaws of life were not used to extricate Tiger Woods from his vehicle.
Capt. James Powers: "That was not an accurate statement." pic.twitter.com/kT9NLchCh4
— Justin Baragona (@justinbaragona) February 23, 2021
In a statement to Golf Digest, Woods’ agent Mark Steinberg said the professional golfer “suffered multiple leg injuries and is “currently in surgery.”
“[W]e thank you for your privacy and support,” added Steinberg.
As Golf Digest reports:
Woods, 45, was in California for a two-day content shoot with Golf Digest/GOLFTV after serving as host for the PGA Tour’s Genesis Invitational over the weekend. Pictures surfaced on social media of Woods smiling with Dwayne Wade and David Spade at Rolling Hills Country Club on Monday, but with his movement still restricted, he did not hit balls or play any holes.
Former President Donald Trump issued a statement on Woods following the golfer’s car crash: “Get well soon, Tiger. You are a true champion!”
Statement from Donald J. Trump, 45th President of the United States of America:
“Get well soon, Tiger. You are a true champion!”
— Jason Miller (@JasonMillerinDC) February 23, 2021
A KABC-TV helicopter over the scene of Woods’ accident showed a car on its side with the front end heavily damaged. Air bags appeared to be deployed. The wreckage appeared to be just off the side of a road on a hillside.
Woods, whose first name is Eldrick, was the sole occupant of the vehicle, the sheriff’s department said.
The crash occurred shortly before 7:15 a.m. Tuesday, officials said.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
Author: JOSHUA CAPLAN
Source: Breitbart : Tiger Woods Injured in Serious Car Accident
Join Our Mailing List
- Consumer Prices Jump 0.6% In March, Biggest Gain Since 2012
- Project Veritas Confirms CNN Is A Cesspool Of Dem Propaganda
- House Dem Margin Shrinks To 2 Votes With Swearing-In Of Rep Julia Letlow
- Daunte Wright Was Wanted For Robbing And Choking A Woman At Gunpoint. Here’s Why That Matters
- Ever Tried To Get A Job Outside Of Their Father’s Business? Hunter Biden Targets Trump Children
- Marines’ Vaccine Hesitancy Presents Early Test For Biden As Commander-In-Chief
- BLM Of NYC Calls For Independent Investigation Of BLM Co-Founder After $3.2 Million Home-Buying Binge
- Pentagon Develops Microchip Sensor Technology To Rapidly Detect Covid-19 In Human Blood
- Reports Suggest Trump Might Do Away With Pence, Snag DeSantis For Possible 2024 Dream Ticket
- FDA, CDC Call For Immediate Pause Of Johnson & Johnson Coronavirus Vaccine
- Pelosi Unloads On The Squad, Mocks AOC In New Biography
- Police Say Fatal Shooting Of Daunte Wright Was An Accident, Release Bodycam Footage
- Trump Praises Troops At The Southern Border: They Are Proud To Be Defending Our Nation
- Israel’s Cyberattack On Iranian Nuclear Facility So Severe That Facility Might Be Down Till 2022
- Anthony Fauci: We Very Well May Need Coronavirus Booster Shots After 6-18 Months