As the global economy continues to rebound from the economic shocks of COVID-19, ensuring women’s economic empowerment is now more important than ever.
Women will be key drivers of sustainable economic recovery and contributors to meaningful long-term development. The Trump administration positioned the U.S. to lead on these efforts even prior to the pandemic. Recognizing women’s potential, the Trump team has long been a leading voice on women’s economic empowerment through its Women’s Global Development and Prosperity Initiative.
>>> What’s the best way for America to reopen and return to business? The National Coronavirus Recovery Commission, a project of The Heritage Foundation, assembled America’s top thinkers to figure that out. So far, it has made more than 260 recommendations. Learn more here.
The program has focused on workforce development, entrepreneurship, and legal reform with a goal of economically empowering more than 50 million women in the world by 2025.
The left is actively working to undermine the integrity of our elections. Read the plan to stop them now. Learn more now >>
The program so far is on track to make a meaningful impact.
In the first year of 2019, 12 million women were reached by Women’s Global Development and Prosperity Initiative programming, with over $300 million in resources allocated to date.
Over the course of 2020, the administration has continued to identify new public-private partnerships and programming. Alongside the release of interagency action plans in August, an additional $122 million in progress and partnerships was announced supporting 16 organizations in 43 countries.
The U.S. has clearly led the push toward women’s economic empowerment, but more work needs to be done.
To expand the scope globally, the United States launched a first-ever international call to action on women’s empowerment in a signing ceremony on Oct. 23.
The virtual ceremony brought together international leaders from 31 countries to reaffirm their commitments to promote women’s economic empowerment on the local, regional, and national level through the development of implementation plans.
The time is now to create traction on women’s economic empowerment. Although COVID-19 has impacted economies across the globe, a disproportionate number of women work in the hardest hit sectors such as food service, retail, and entertainment.
As key segments of society, empowered women can lead economic recovery efforts through free-market initiatives and structural reforms that are grounded in human dignity and unalienable natural rights.
The U.S. international call to action on women’s empowerment is just the first step. To drive the initiative forward, the U.S. and its likeminded global partners must continue to empower women to freely make the choices that will best serve the needs of their families, businesses, and communities.
A Note for our Readers:
Election fraud is already a problem. Soon it could be a crisis. But election fraud is not the only threat to the integrity of our election system.
Progressives are pushing for nine “reforms” that could increase the opportunity for fraud and dissolve the integrity of constitutional elections. To counter these dangerous measures, our friends at The Heritage Foundation are proposing seven measures to protect your right to vote and ensure fair, constitutional elections.
They are offering it to readers of The Daily Signal for free today.
Get the details now when you download your free copy of, “Mandate for Leadership: Ensuring the Integrity of Our Election System.”
Author: Nicole Robinson
Source: Daily Signal : US Leading the International Call to Action on Women’s Economic Empowerment
Join Our Mailing List
- Biden Admin Wins Immediate Possession Of Private Land To Expand Border Wall
- Consumer Prices Jump 0.6% In March, Biggest Gain Since 2012
- Project Veritas Confirms CNN Is A Cesspool Of Dem Propaganda
- House Dem Margin Shrinks To 2 Votes With Swearing-In Of Rep Julia Letlow
- Daunte Wright Was Wanted For Robbing And Choking A Woman At Gunpoint. Here’s Why That Matters
- Ever Tried To Get A Job Outside Of Their Father’s Business? Hunter Biden Targets Trump Children
- Marines’ Vaccine Hesitancy Presents Early Test For Biden As Commander-In-Chief
- BLM Of NYC Calls For Independent Investigation Of BLM Co-Founder After $3.2 Million Home-Buying Binge
- Pentagon Develops Microchip Sensor Technology To Rapidly Detect Covid-19 In Human Blood
- Reports Suggest Trump Might Do Away With Pence, Snag DeSantis For Possible 2024 Dream Ticket
- FDA, CDC Call For Immediate Pause Of Johnson & Johnson Coronavirus Vaccine
- Pelosi Unloads On The Squad, Mocks AOC In New Biography
- Police Say Fatal Shooting Of Daunte Wright Was An Accident, Release Bodycam Footage
- Trump Praises Troops At The Southern Border: They Are Proud To Be Defending Our Nation
- Israel’s Cyberattack On Iranian Nuclear Facility So Severe That Facility Might Be Down Till 2022