Like Blaze News? Get the news that matters most delivered directly to your inbox.
UPDATED: Subsequent videos that appear to be of the same helicopter appear to show that the man hanging from the helicopter is alive, and can be seen waving.
A viral video claiming to show a man being brutally hanged from a helicopter in Kandahar was likely an attempt to fix a flag over a public building, not a hanging. A separate video of the incident shows the man is clearly alive and waving in the air. pic.twitter.com/x6T5iDhpc9
— Shayan Sardarizadeh (@Shayan86) August 31, 2021
Shocking new videos have emerged on social media showing Taliban fighters parading the skies over Afghanistan in seized U.S. Black Hawk helicopters — one appearing to display a man hanging from one of the aircraft.
The video was reportedly taken over the weekend during a Taliban “patrol” of Kandahar, Afghanistan, following the U.S. military’s withdrawal, the Independent reported.
The last U.S. plane departed Kabul airport on Monday leaving behind hundreds of Americans and thousands of Afghan nationals who worked with the U.S. government during its 20-year military mission. Billions of dollars worth of military equipment were also left behind during the bungled evacuation.
In a tweet posted Sunday, the Talib Times — which claims to be the English language official account of Islamic Emirate Afghanistan — celebrated the maneuver.
“Our Air Force! At this time, the Islamic Emirate’s air force helicopters are flying over Kandahar city and patrolling the city,” the tweet read.
Our Air Force! At this time, the Islamic Emirate’s air force helicopters are flying over Kandahar city and patroll… https://t.co/qpQhD1RLTq
— Talib Times (@Talib Times)1630328754.0
Another share of the video has been viewed on Twitter more than 2 million times since Sunday.
It remains unclear whether the hanging man is dead or alive or whether he is friendly to the Taliban or a victim of the militant group. Many have speculated that the man was hung from the aircraft as punishment and then paraded around the skies. It appears, however, that those claims were unfounded, as the man appears to be in no apparent distress according to other footage that has been released on the incident.
As new information comes out, TheBlaze will update its reporting.
Author: PHIL SHIVER
- Texas Abortion Ban To Remain In Place Until Arguments, Supreme Court Rules
- Montana Rape Suspect Is An Afghan Refugee Resettled By Biden Administration
- CNN Defends Lie About Joe Rogan By Saying Rogan Had His Feelings Hurt
- State Seeks Temporary Restraining Order To Stop Biden Vaccine Mandate
- State Dept Accidentally Proves Biden Lied About How Americans Were Left Behind In Afghanistan
- Loudoun School Board Was Informed Of Alleged Sexual Assault The Day It Happened
- DeSantis Shares Don’t Tread On Florida Meme Featuring An Alligator
- Trump’s Truth Social Platform Deal Draws Strong Interest From Investors
- Proposed Electric Vehicle Tax Credits Benefit Unions – Not Environment
- Biden Claims No Time To Visit Border Despite 24 Trips To Delaware
- CRT, Anti-Racism, BLM: Legacies Of A Slave Mentality
- Fed Bans Officials From Buying Stocks In Response To Trading Controversy
- DeSantis To Call Special Legislative Session To Address Covid-19 Vaccine Mandates
- Trump Releases New Details On Social Media Platform That He Is Launching Soon
- Biden Boasts Plan To Take Vehicles Off Highways And Put People On Trains